BLUE BELT TO RED STRIPE
(Children and Adults)
Signifies the Heaven, towards which the plant matures into a towering tree as training in Tae Kwon Do progresses.
Pattern or Poomse:
JOON-GUN (32 movements) is names after the Korean patriot AN JOONG-GUN who assassinated Hiro-Bumi Ito, the first Japanese governor-general of Korea, known as the man who played the leading role in the Korean-Japan merge. There are 32 movements in this pattern to represent Mr. An’s age when he was executed at Lui-Shung prison (1910 A.D.).
- Middle Side Kick-Hook Kick (head)
- Hook Kick-Side Kick (head)
- Jumping 180 degree Inside Crescent Kick
- Jumping 180 degree Outside Crescent Kick
- Combination of All Kicks
Combination of Punches and Blocks: Adults Only
- Double Palm Pressing Block
- Reverse Knife Han Outward Block
- Upward Block (rear foot stance)
- Twin High Knuckle Punch
- Vertical Punch
- Twin Fist Upset Punch
- Upward Elbow Strike
- High Rising X Block
- U Shaped Block
Self Defence: Movements and Applications
- Confirm with Sanuhnim
Bag Work and Target Training
- Meaning of JOONG-GUN
- How Many Movements in JOONG-GUN
- Movements Application
- Description of Techniques and Stances
Board Breaking: Techniques will vary)
- Practice Technique-the instructor will let you know your techniques at least 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Surprise Technique-the instructor will let you know on test day.
- Breaking will be either regular, power breaking, speed breaking, and/or special technique breaking.