RED BELT TO BLACK STRIPE 1
(Children and Adults)
Signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control and warning the opponent to stay away.
Pattern or Poomse:
HWA-RANG (29 movements) is named after the HWA-RANG-DO youth group, which originated in the Silla Dynasty about 1350 years ago. This group eventually became the actual driving force for the unification of the Silla. Paekche and Koguryo Kingdoms of Korea. The 29 movements refer to the 29th Infantry Division, where Tae Kwon Do developed into maturity.
- 360 degree Jumping Back Kick
- 180 degree Reverse Turning Kick
- 360 degree Reverse Turning Kick
- High Jumping Round House Kick
- Combination on All Kicks
Combination of Punches and Blocks: Adults Only
- Palm Pushing Downward Strike
- Knife Hand Downward Strike
- Upward Punch
- Inner Forearm Middle Side Front Block
- Twin Side Elbow Thrust
- Observe Punch
Bag Work and Target Training
- Meaning of HWA-RANG
- Number of Movements in HWA-RANG
- Movement Applications
- Description of Techniques and Stances
Board Breaking: (Techniques will vary)
- Practice Technique-the instructor will let you know your techniques at least 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Surprise Technique-the instructor will let you know on test day.
- Breaking will be either regular, power breaking, speed breaking, and/or special technique breaking.
- 20 Movements or 2.5 minutes
- Scenario of Self Defence Movements
- Confirm with Sabuhnim first
*Keep in Mind
- Effectiveness of Techniques
- Fluidity of Movements
- 20 Movements
Things To Remember:
- Soft Techniques
- Hard Techniques
- Standing Techniques
- Ground Techniques
- Sparring and Opponent
- Weapons defence