RED STRIPE TO RED BELT
(Children and Adults)
Signifies the Heaven, towards which the plant matures into a towering tree as training in Tae Kwon Do Progresses.
Pattern or Poomse:
TOI-GYE (37 movements) is the penance of the notes scholar Yi Hwang (16th century A.D.), an authority on Neo-Confucianism. The 37 Movements refer to his birthplace on 37 degree latitude and the diagram (+-) represents “scholar”.
- 180 degree Jumping Spinning Hook Kick
- Jumping Double Axe Kick
- Triple Side Kick
- Triple Round House Kick
- Combination of All Kicks
Combination of Punches and Blocks:
- Upset Finger Tip Low Thrust
- Outer Forearm W-Shape Block
- Knife Hand Low Guarding Block
- Black Fist High Back Strike (Low Block)
- X-Fist Pressing Block
- Double Low Pushing Block
- Flat Finger Tip High Thrust
- Back Fist High Strike (Lower Outer Forearm Block)
Self Defence: Movements and Applications
- Confirm with Sabuhnim
Bag Work and Target Training
- Meaning of TOI-GYE
- How Many Movements in TOI-Gye
- Movement Application
- Description of Techniques and Stances
(Technique will Vary)
- Practice Training-the instructor will let you know your techniques 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Surprise Training-the instructor will let you know on the test day.
- Breaking will be either regular breaking, power breaking, speed breaking and special technique breaking.